Saturday 2 July 2011

On becoming far less mentionable.


Each subsequent evening that I spent with each man unfolded in very different ways. Each evening was, however, very stimulating. Neither man could completely satisfy me as I desired, but combining these men was the perfect solution for most of my needs – for the while, at least.

Of course, neither man knew of the other, though I would never offer exclusivity to either one. It was something that remained unsaid. I was not devious. I would not withhold information of my whereabouts to either one, but I simply wouldn’t mention keywords such as: “sex”, “date”, “dinner” or “oral sex” to either one. I did not lie, but I did not explicitly offer up the truth. I wondered why I should – I never classed myself as anything but single & therefore in my mind I validated my actions. It was not my fault that it should so have happened that events with each unfolded almost simultaneously. Though I had the power to stop these events I thought to myself that it was just how luck would have it – & I would certainly cash in on this luck as it suited me.

So, on the one hand we have Familiar-Stranger aka So-Agreeable-Someone. For ease, let us call him Mr. S.

Mr. S. is seemingly intelligent, friendly, very agreeable & capable of falling into gloriously deep conversations about the unfathomable (the best kind of conversations).
After our initial meeting, we go home to our separate beds, having exchanged numbers (& a little saliva) with the view to arranging a date. I wake the next morning to find an obligatory text message from him, saying how lovely it was to meet & I in all sincerity tell him that such feelings are reciprocated.

On the other hand we have Stranger #2. For ease, let us call him Mr. C.

Mr. C. is young &, I suspect, a little wild. He too is agreeable & friendly &, I further suspect, hides his intelligence beneath a veil of Class C smoke. After our initial meeting we go home, together, to his bed, having exchanged a lot of saliva (& later, of course, a lot of far less mentionable things.). I wake the next morning to find that I ache. We exchange numbers. He tells me he’d like to see me again & in all frankness I tell him that usually that’s not how things work, therefore I shall not be making the first move nor shall I be holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment